Understanding the Implications of Web design on Branding & SEO
According to tech terminology, web design is the process of creating websites. It involves numerous aspects, including webpage layout, content production, as well as graphic design. While the terms web design and web development are often used interchangeably; it must be noted that web design is technically a subset of the broader category of web development. With that in mind, it can be concluded that web design is all about configuring different elements together to create a fully functional website.
However, today, many experts have different views, when it comes to web design and its overall impact on internet marketing. Some evangelists say that it cannot impact rankings as well as traffic of a website, because it is all about designing.
However, there are some, who believes that it has a vital role in affecting search engine rankings, traffic as well as the overall conversion rate of a website. Let’s discuss this in details. However, before delving deep, it must be understood that the importance of web design is significant and cannot be neglected. And it has the ability to attract users and covert them into loyal customers.
Here, it must be noted that misleading web designs can become havoc overtime and reduce the overall conversion rate of a website. In fact, according to some studies there are certain things that deter users instead of attracting them, such as:
- Complex layouts
- Irritating advertisements
- Gaudy ads
- Small font
- Boring web design/lack of colour schemes
- Slow website load times
From the above discussion, one thing is clear that designing plays an essential role in attracting customers and cannot be easily neglected. According to surveys, more and more people want see beautiful and attractive web designs to improve their browsing experience. While there are some people who pay high attention to website’s content rather than its designs. However, as a business owner, you need to balance out both web design elements as well as content in order to establish your brand image in the market and enjoy a dominant position.
Here, it is important to know and understand that web designs have the ability to impact branding efforts. A clear, consistent and beautiful web design can help a business to establish its brand in the market. In fact, in practical terms, it is can influence rankings, conversion rate as well as traffic of a website as well.
Now, the question is how web designs affect conversion rates? Put it simple, you need to pay attention to the following elements:
- Navigation – It is a well-known fact that a website should have a clear navigation to improve its accessibility as well as usability, which can eventually improve conversion rates. Websites that are complex, often force visitors to leave, while intuitive/logical site structure encourages people to continue browsing and take required actions.
- Wording – According to a study, the words/language you use in calls-to-actions (CTAs) have a direct impact on conversion rates. For specifically speaking, if you include the word ‘free’ when asking people to sign up or download something or take any particular action, it may increase conversions.
- Colour – Of course, colours matter a lot in attracting customers. According to certain researches, big, red, and bold can play a vital role in conveying messages. So, use them according to your business objectives.
Hence, it’s essential that you know and analyse the impact of web design on different aspects of marketing and branding. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]